THAI FOOD TRIP - Amazing Thailand Part III

Mostly, our first impression to Thai Food is being"too spicy and hot to eat!". But the reality  is there is a vast array of Thai food dishes - from the sweet to the sour, from the spicy to the salty.


Before I explore the street of Bangkok, I tired delectable dishes first at a fine dining restaurant near our hotel, The ASIA Bar and Kitchen.





Here's few I tried:

 "Phad Thai"
(Thailand National Dish)
"Gaeng Phed Ped Yang"
(roasted duck with red curry in coconut milk)
"Phad Ka-Praow Gai"
(stir fried chicken with chili and basil leaves)


Since this is  a fine dining restaurant, menu are little pricy but serving is just so enough for you to be satisfied. 

The experience is great. Waiters are approachable. One waiter stayed on my side (haha, rather than going back every time I raised my hand ) as I keep asking on questions about their dish, how they prepare it. Even about their local beers. 







The other day, I explore Bangkok Street to try on their Street foods. The set up is very much the same here in the Philippines, but there are varieties of Thai Street Food you can choose.

Here's few I tried. It's up to you to identify those!!!(hihi)











Of course, you won't know or have the exact word for every Thai dish. You don't have to worry, here's a good tip:

What I did,at first, I just observe what other diners ordered, how they order, even how they eat such dishes. Most of the time dishes will be displayed in a glass case, like turo - turo counter set up here in the Philippines and you can just point at a dish you like.

Here's a tip I've read on How to order Thai Food:

Learn to say "mai pet" which means "not spicy." However, what’s mai pet to the Thai may be still be pet to most of us Filipinos, so just try to see how many chilies they put on your dish. Or you can just say, "sai prik nung chin" (with only one piece of chili). Works all the time for me!

And if you don't want any chili at all, just say "mai mi prik" (no chili!).







(PHOTOS will be POSTED SOON!)







Asia Bar + Kitchen Address:

 G/F, Holiday Inn Express, 889 Rama 1 Rd., Bangkok, Thailand


Opening Hours:
Daily 11am-11pm





















Comments

Popular Posts